Alleged hacker !

>> Friday, December 25, 2009


Prosecutors are still waiting for material from overseas in the case of an alleged computer hacker accused of unleashing a virus attack from Adelaide on thousands of bank accounts worldwide.
Anthony Scott Harrison, 20, appeared in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Friday charged with multiple offences including four counts of modifying computer data to cause harm. 
      { Read Full Story }


The court heard much of the material in the case against Harrison had been turned over to defence counsel but some material was still coming from overseas.
That material was expected by the end of January.
Chief Magistrate Elizabeth Bolton ordered Harrison to appear in court again on February 26 to answer the charges and continued his bail.
At the time of Harrison's arrest in August, police said it would be alleged that he unleashed a virus that struck 3,000 computers throughout Australia and worldwide by infecting them with software designed to capture banking details and credit card information.
Police said it was further suspected that Harrison had developed capabilities to launch attacks on a further 74,000 computers worldwide.






blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP